We are looking for a strong Backend Software Engineer willing to join us in our mission to build an amazing async video collaboration product for remote and hybrid teams. Being one of the first developers in the team, your focus is to make sure we can go beyond our original Minimum Lovable Product and continue to deliver on our product vision. We already have customers like Front, Qonto, Kavak, Doctolib, OpenClassrooms, 360Learning, and many others signing up every day. Our standards are the best-in-class B2B and B2C products around there (Revolut, Notion, Instagram, ...) as we are building a product-led-growth company.
We are looking for an experienced backend developer who can iterate quickly on features and is ready to go beyond their core expertise to successfully deliver with great ownership.
You will work closely with Robin (CEO & Product), Thomas (CTO, to whom you’ll report), the designer, and the rest of the engineering team.
- Build new scalable, future-proof backend features and services with great ownership on the technical specs
- Prototype new features and ideas rapidly to move and iterate quickly
- Identify the relevant tradeoffs and do whatever is needed to ship the product with quality and reliability in mind
- Collaborate with founders and the rest of the engineering team on a daily basis
- Mentor and challenge your peers to foster the best development practices in Claap
- Help define software development processes
- Contribute to hire the next outstanding Claapers
- You have several years (5+) of experience building interactive applications (with high traffic or critical for the business is a plus)
- You are comfortable with TypeScript and are proficient in backend development on our stack: Node.js, GraphQL, DynamoDB, AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, Redshift, SQS, Cognito, CDK...)
- Interest and experience in setting up infrastructure and/or devops initiatives is definitely a plus!
- You've already worked on a product from first lines of code to launch before
- You care about code quality and pay attention to the performance of the services you implement
- You care deeply about user experience, never shying away from the last mile to create something truly delightful